I don’t know about you guys, but I truly do NOT splurge on myself all that often. Yes, I have a few high end beauty products that I love to buy quarterly, and yes, I keep my hair colored regularly. But I don’t get manicures, I hardly get pedicures. I don’t get massages. I don’t go to the chiropractor. I don’t have a gym membership. I have no name brand purses. Heck, I still have a hard time paying full price for an item for myself, even one I love. And the 3 times I had Botox, it was for my birthday present. So, needless to say, I really appreciate when people purchase gifts for me. This is just one of the many reasons I love Christmas.
I, of course, also love giving Christmas presents, but receiving them is huge part of the fun! My birthday is in November, and Christmas falls just a month later, so that means, I have to put out all my gift wishes out into the Universe in these two months, and hope that maybe “Santa” brings me an overpriced pair of jeans or boots, that I’ve been hoping for all year. 😆
Maybe you or your spouse splurge on yourself all the time, and you are solely focused on giving at Christmas time, OR maybe your story is like mine and you love that you can finally get a few nice things at Christmas. IF your story is like mine, the first gift guide I made is really perfect for you. I rounded up, my most favorite items that I actually own and use all the time, that I’d buy again in a hot minute, and give tacit endorsements too. That way if you can only pick a few things, you know these ones have two thumbs up from me!!
the favorites I already own
- Abercrombie Faux Fur Jacket – I got this last year for my birthday. It’s warm. It’s high quality and versatile. Try to catch a sale.
- Old Navy Distressed Jean Jacket – I hands down wear this the most.
- Super Soft Target Pajama Set – these feel like butter and are under $25
- Vans Checkered Slide Ons – these are my go to sneakers when I want to be comfy
- Gold Apple Watch – I have had an Apple Watch since 2015, so helpful for health, exercise, organization and more.
- Apple Airpods – The pros are noise cancelling and worth the splurge, but I am still using the original ones I’ve had for several years. They connect with your phone so easily, it’s like magic.
- White Converse Chucks – These are such a great basic, and perfect for summer.
- Black AE Jeans – these are a solid choice. If you don’t own black jeans, you need too. Here’s a good pair from Madewell too.
- Black AE shorts– I would wear these everyday if I could, comfy and flattering to the midriff.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer/ Lancome Lash Primer/ Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara
- Gold Hammered Full Moon Necklace – For under $15, this has lasted well
- Delonghi Automatic Espresso Maker – this is a splurge and totally worth it. You can say goodbye to Starbucks, if you have this.
- Grey Booties – perfect natural bootie, and they are adorable.
- Brown Troopa Combat Boots – I’ve owned these a long while, and this style keeps coming back. Timeless pieces are everything.
- Dyson Cordless Vacuum – I use this EVERYYYY day, sometimes multiple times a day, I’m obsessed with vacuuming, and all Dyson products in general.
what I’m hoping to find under the tree this year
Next up, I’m sharing some of the things that I’ve had on my wish list this year. These are the things I’m asking for, and can’t wait to see which things I will get to call my own. When in doubt, you can never go wrong with a Target, Ulta or Starbucks gift card.
Urban Outfitters Hat in Cream
Sperry Duck Boots – sold by Amazon Fashion
What are you hoping for this year? Tell me in the comments below.