I know I’ve been going a little overboard with the Keaton posts.
So, I decided to get back to a food post, something I haven’t done in awhile.
This post will be about arugula, that nutty, peppery herb lettuce that I have blogged about before and that I am semi (only semi) obsessed with. 🙂
Yes, arugula let me count thy ways… if you haven’t tried arugula please do, and then let me know what you think.
Seriously though, when I am searching for new recipes, if it says arugula in the title it catches my eye, if I even kind of like the other ingredients then we try it.
Today, we will talk about my top 5 favorite arugula recipes.
1. Grilled arugula and proscuitto pizza. The next time you even think about grilling make this, it’s fantastic!
2. Mushroom and Arugula Quesadillas I blogged about these before, as you can see from the previous recipe- I love arugula and proscuitto together, DELISH!
3. Peppery Pasta with Arugula and Shrimp
4. Grilled flank steak salad on arugula (For this one, I linked a similar recipe to the one I have. The recipe I have I snipped from a magazine some years ago, it’s very similar except there are no nuts, and you serve the salad on top of garlic bread. Can you say delicious?
5. Meat boats and arugula salad I know SmittenKitchen has another name for that recipe, but that’s what we’ve always called it, when you use a bit of the sauce to mix with lemon juice and put on the arugula, it’s heaven!
I’ll just finish by saying, we had an arugula salad (similar to the one in #5) when our family was in town. They all could not believe the deliciousness of arugula. So, now you must go try it yourselves and tell me what you think. 🙂
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Yay I am glad you posted on the meat boat potato things. I was just thinking the other day how I wanted to make those. If you like arugula, you will like it here, .. arugula (or as they say Rucola) is everywhere and so is prosciutto. I have a great place to take you where their signature salad is mainly rucola, pork bacon, this homemade sweet dressing and croutons. Delicious!
I tried it by accident and kept wondering what was wrong with the lettuce I was eating. So bitter. Yuck :0)
Thanks for the recipe links. I have copied all of these reipes and going to try the shrimp one this week!